HOLY BIBLE - NTAGATIFU
The holy priests were the first to bring the Bible to Rwanda in 1990.
- In 1902 the first Bible was read in Rwanda by Father Paul Balthelemy based on the Bible written in Luganda in 1892.
- In 1906 the second Bible was written in Treves, Germany, by Dr. Jacob Ecker, a Bible teacher at Treves Central Seminary.
- The third Bible in Rwanda was prepared by a group of Rwandan priests in 1927
- Another book, “The History of Jesus Christ” was written in Kabgayi in 1943. The history of Jesus Christ includes parts of the gospels.
- In 1956 the friars of Nyakibanda translated the “Gospel of Matthew”. It was in Nyakibanda that the “Gospel” was published, which contained four gospels and Acts of Apostles.
- The Holy Bible (Ntagatifu) was published in 1990 with the support of the Verbum Bible through a meeting of the Catholic Bishops of Rwanda of 22-26 November 1983 to form a team of Bible translators in Kinyarwanda.